DFIR Training Blog



Welcome to Dave's DFIR Kitchen.

kitchen I've not yet had the pleasure to meet David Cowen , but certainly look forward to that day to give him a hug. He has consistently created great DFIR content over the years and his latest video productions of a Forensic Lunch Test Kitchen is another win for everyone. 

If you have not seen the Forensic Lunch Test Kitchen, I highly recommend it, not just for the topic, but also for the subtle clues you can learn from observing critical thinking in action. I am a big fan of figuring things out on your own, a huge supporter of learning how others do it (so that I can improve that what I do), and seeing how someone else processes infomation to make decisions which is most always different than how I would have done it. Not that one way is better than another, but that the more you know, the better off you will be.

It is important to consider that knowing " the " answer or " the " way to do something is only 10% of your skill. The other 90% is knowing how to figure out problems, or how to solve a problem using a different   way of critical thinking. The best investigators, the best analysts, and the best problem solvers have one major trait in common. They think. They process. They evaluate decisions. They decide. The difference is in how they think, how they process, and how they evaluate their decisions. Everyone does it a little differently, some innately, some methodically, and to gain insight into someone else's methods can only improve yours. 

Written by :Brett Shavers

{rscomments option="com_rsblog" id="39"}